Jill and Josh from Cool Jacks Food Truck tell us about their desserts.
Cool Jacks sponsored Fratelli Leather Luxury Boutique’s Grand Opening event on October 28th which was a resounding success and now we are pleased to sponsor Spa Mariana’s 4th Anniversary Celebration. Please join the fun at Spa Mariana in Birmingham from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm. This gala will be a great time with food, drinks, music, silent auction and much more planned. Enjoy the party!
Eskimo Jacks Is in the FINAL FOUR!
Thank you clients, vendors and friends for your daily votes that has allowed our friends at Eskimo Jacks stay in the running to win the contest to receive a $50,000 grant to open a location in downtown Detroit. Eskimo Jacks still needs your help. They haven’t won yet. Please continue voting daily for Eskimo Jacks so that they may attain their dream and vision and provide patrons in the city with their heavenly, mouth-watering artisan cookies and ice cream
Cool Jacks hopes to open up a second location in downtown Detroit. We have entered a contest to receive $50,000 in grant money to reach this goal. We can only make this dream possible with the help and support of our clients, vendors and friends by voting for us daily on hatchdetroit.com/vote or facebook.com/hatchdetroit. Voting is allowed once every 24 hours. With your assistance, we can make our dream a reality. We thank you and appreciate your help.
Try a cookie ice-cream sandwich dessert by Eskimo Jack’s. We’ve got the recipe that any sweet lover is sure to enjoy!
recipe for peppermint-candy double-chocolate chip cookies and – if you have an ice cream maker – easy vanilla ice cream.
- 2 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 candy canes or 16 red-and-white-striped hard peppermint candies, coarsely crushed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
Cookies (makes 50)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Stir two cups chocolate chips in medium metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until melted and smooth. Measure 2/3 cup melted chocolate; transfer to small metal bowl and reserve for drizzling.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until creamy. Add sugar and both extracts; beat until smooth. Add eggs; beat to blend. Beat in melted chocolate from medium bowl. Add dry ingredients; beat just to blend. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Measure 1 level tablespoon dough; roll dough between palms to form ball. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing cookies 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until cracked all over and tester inserted into center comes out with large moist crumbs attached, 8-9 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes. Transfer cookies on parchment paper to racks to cool completely.
Ice cream (makes 1 quart)
- Combine cream, milk, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan and heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and stir into the cream mixture just before removing from the heat.
- Pour into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator or in an ice bath until completely cool.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
We are excited to announce our brand new website! Now it’s easier than ever to order our artisan cookies and ice cream. Contact us today to ask about cart and truck rentals for your next party or work event. There is something about an ice cream sandwich that really puts a smile on everyone’s face, and Eskimo Jack’s are more than glad to help with that. From our signature classic flavors like the Classic Jack to the crowd favorite Super Jack, we have a large variety of ice cream, cookies, and ice cream sandwiches that are sure to please anyone’s palette.
From everyone at Eskimo Jack’s, thank you for the overwhelming love and support.
Welcome to our new updated website!